Yayasan Madani Berkelanjutan (Madani) is a non-profit organization that aims to strengthen various local and national initiatives in saving Indonesian forests by bridging relations amongst stakeholders (government, private, civil society) in order to achieve innovative joint solutions of the land and forest governance.
Indonesia has committed to reducing carbon emissions with the target 29%-41% of the BAU level in 2030, which is reflected in the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC). This target is a national achievement that certainly requires all parties’ participation, including policymakers and the community at the sub-national level. In addition, low-carbon development is an important direction for green development policies and strategy which has been outlined in the 2020-2024 RPJMN (). The concept of low-carbon development and the NDC target needs to be integrated into every aspect of development planning, both at the Central and Regional Governments. There is a need for synchronization of methodologies, institutions, and development planning between national and sub-national that supports the achievement of carbon emission reduction targets and the implementation of green development. This is an opportunity to facilitate and mobilize government support, particularly local governments, NGOs, and youth groups to implement and/or encourage the increase in ambitions for climate targets and actions in Indonesia.
We open the opportunity for you to join Yayasan Madani Berkelanjutan as a Program Assistant to manage the activities of Yayasan Madani Berkelanjutan’s program related to Climate Change Advocacy as a whole, including but not limited to:
Under the direction of the Program Officer (PO), the Program Assistant (PA) helps Program Officer (PO) take care of matters related to operations and administration, assists the research related to the program, coordinate and or do logistics activities to support the smooth operation of the program, as well as supports the creation of good information management within the team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist PO in implementing the program. Starting from preparation, resource allocation and management, until reporting the activities.
2. Collect and manage the program’s database
3. Actively involved in the process of Madani’s program study preparation, report and proposal.
4. Prepare program administration and finance documents, as well as assist in monitoring and managing program finances.
5. Process the data and information related to relevant issues and provide analysis / supporting study for program implementation.
6. Establish good communication and relations with partners, networks, including Central Government, especially the Local Government.
7. Keep up with Government policies and climate change issues development with relevant CSOs/coalitions.
8. Have the ability to advocate the environmental, climate change, low carbon development, NDC, and or other issues.
9. Actively involved in Madani’s activities and committed to do all assigned tasks.
10. Continuously improve personal capacity and help increase organization capacity.
1. Preferred a Bachelor (S1) Degree graduated from Environmental Science / Environmental Geography / Forestry / Development Economics.
2. At least two years’ experience in the same position. Preferably have experience working in the field of climate change / forest governance, and familiar with the planning and development processes of the Central and or Regional Governments.
3. Know how to formulate the planning, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting the development planning.
4. Demonstrate the ability to conduct research / analysis related to certain issues for the needs of Program implementation.
5. Experience in advocating and building networks with CSOs or local communities working on environmental issues.
6. Experience in managing project administration and finance.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office and preferably able to operate analysis tools.
8. Able to communicate using English both orally and in writing
9. Demonstrate the ability to work alone and in a team, accustom to analytical thinking, creative and detail-oriented.
The closing date to submit the application is on March 8, 2022.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PA – MADANI